Friday, January 26th, 2018

This year, I enrolled in Dance 1 and Probability and Statistics for my second semester to keep my workload a minimal so I can focus on my senior mastery. Waking up and having dance as my first block feels amazing because I can wake up to stretching and being active, energizing me for my next class (and sometimes tiring me out). I will be busy my first quarter of the second semester with trying to keep up with my Probability and Statistics project. I will be studying how mental illness affects student grades and productivity, comparing it to the average student who does not suffer from a mental illness. I will have to study 100 “subjects” (students at AAST) and have them answer a questionnaire that asks about their school ethic at home and in school. Since my data can not be biased, for example asking people who I think might have depression, I will ask the entire class (both seniors and juniors) to answer the questionnaire, rather than ones I think are friends. I’m also excited to be starting my internship with Ms. Call at Pelicans Baseball. I will be helping Ms. Call move over images onto their new website, which is getting completely upgraded by National Minor League Baseball, as well as helping her figure out what layout she would like for the website. In the mean time, while MILB begins the website, I will be redoing almost all of Pelicans’ promotional work, including their schedule boxes, their website headers and images, and a few others. I got to meet Slider, Deuce, and Willow, the three Pelicans field dogs who come out onto the field before games and during breaks, and they sit at my feet under the desk while I work, so it really just feels like home. For my infographic, I chose how to increase your productivity in your work at school, home, and in the office. I chose this topic from the list of topics the Students Infographic Center chose, and I will be entering it in the contest. I was really proud with how it came out, and after so much effort, I’d say it is one of my best pieces I’ve made in DC so far.